Help with Coral Placement

Darryn Lyon

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2016
Messages
174
Reaction score
55
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to try something with the more experienced reefers. I just re-positioned all my live rock to a great setup, I think. Now I just have to reposition my corals. I have a picture here, and I wanted to see if you had suggestions. I think you can see pretty much everything I have, but some of the harder stuff to see is the War Coral frag, the purple bullseye mushroom, the little green star polyps, the 2 zoa frags, the rainbow acan, the sand dollar monti... you can pretty much see everything I think. What does everyone think?
20161031_135504.jpg
 
I think your best bet is to just try and match the same light intensity, depth, as before. Then if you want to move things around you can slowly shift them higher or lower in the tank; obviously some are going to tolerate more of a shift and adapt to change better than others.
 
I've since moved the frogspawn to above the tube anenome (hopefully far enough away so they don't sting each other)
 
I would first sort all the corals by flow and light requirements and then arrange them by color. For example I would place a green coral next to a red one, a blue one next to an orange or yellow one, etc. the idea is to not have corals that are the same color next to each other.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new