help with coral selection please

Liam's tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 4 zoa frags, a GSP growing on the back glass, & a Ricordea mushroom. I'm interested in adding a Toadstool Leather & a Branching Frogspawn. Would the Toadstool get too big for an IM 25-gallon lagoon? Also, placement suggestions for these new additions (if you think they would be successful in my tank) would be greatly appreciated! In my research I believe that the Toadstool should be placed towards the bottom of the tank with moderate flow, I have found all sorts of answers regarding light & flow requirements for the Toadstool. Thanks in advance for any advice!

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Toadstool is just fine for your tank. You can always prune it later and if you're lucky it just might drop a baby.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago I would frag my colt coral and frogspawn to free up real estate. I’ve done the same with my torches and frogspawn. Recently I just fragged half my sinularia as it got to large. If I don’t sell them dirt cheap or give them away I take them to my lfs for store credit.

OP
OP
Liam's tank

Liam's tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Toadstool is just fine for your tank. You can always prune it later and if you're lucky it just might drop a baby.
What would be the best placement for the frogspawn? Upper, lower? Lightning & flow recommendations?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back