HELP with Ducan Coral

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My duncan doesn't fully extended their for 2 months now, during that time I changed my lights and its locations a few times, but didn't get any changes, really dont know what to do anymore, I got other lps corals doing fine on my reef, like acans, torchs, hammers, frogs, blasto, candy cane.. That one, that was supposed to be the easiest, has been giving some headaches.
My parameters are:

Kh 8.0
Ca 410
Mg 1440
Po4 0.2
No 5
20211212_111424.jpg
20211212_111430.jpg

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Duncan that looks just like that, for as long as yours has looked like that right next to a bundle that has 3X the heads as when it was added and another branching colony that has doubled in size/reach in 4 months - moderate light heavy pulsing tidal flow
your parameters seem fine too
so not sure if it (or mine) will ever flesh out, might just be the individual - I am not a regular feeder, but these guy seem to like occasional spot feeding

FIN&BONEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like those gsp be on the move probably to much flow ours did the same thing so I had to tuck him next to the structure to block some it.

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Duncan that looks just like that, for as long as yours has looked like that right next to a bundle that has 3X the heads as when it was added and another branching colony that has doubled in size/reach in 4 months - moderate light heavy pulsing tidal flow
your parameters seem fine too
so not sure if it (or mine) will ever flesh out, might just be the individual - I am not a regular feeder, but these guy seem to like occasional spot feeding
Get it, I often broadcast and spot feed it with red sea ab+. Really a mistery, dont know what to do anymore.

Seymo44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like too much flow. My very first coral was a duncan. I blasted it with flow and too much light for the first few weeks and it look just like this and sometimes even more withdrawn.

Now it’s in a lower light and flow area of my tank and has grown 9 new heads this past year.

Put it in an area where its tentacles are very gently waved by the current and keep it in moderate lighting. They also love to eat, so drop a few pellets on the heads once in a while.

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like too much flow. My very first coral was a duncan. I blasted it with flow and too much light for the first few weeks and it look just like this and sometimes even more withdrawn.

Now it’s in a lower light and flow area of my tank and has grown 9 new heads this past year.

Put it in an area where its tentacles are very gently waved by the current and keep it in moderate lighting. They also love to eat, so drop a few pellets on the heads once in a while.
Ok, I will try to record a short video of the flow on it, I think its already under low, maybe moderate.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back