Help with fish in Frag tank

Sean Duggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I have a 4'x2' frag tank set up with primarily zoas and a few acro sticks. Currently there is only a yellow tang and a six line wrasse in the tank. the problem I am having is that hair algae has started to grow on some of my zoas, and the yellow tang just doesn't seem to eat any. I have seen him eat algae before, but he always seems to be under the frag rack, not out in the open. I have stopped feeding nori recently in an attempt to maybe make him pick at the algae more. He has been very timid but has been settling in a little better these past couple weeks. But I may want to get another fish to help with the algae issue. I was thinking either about a lawnmower blenny, or a small fox face. I was a little concerned on compatibility issues and wanted others input and suggestions. Thanks! :)

OP
OP
S

Sean Duggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about some snails? Cerith, astrea and turbos are my favorite
I have like 30 astrea snails about 7 turbo but only a few Cerith. I didn’t want to keep loading it with snails because I’m afraid they’ll eventually starve out once o get everything under control

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t see them in the original post so I wasn’t sure if you had any, that’s a good variety. My starry blenny doesn’t do much algae control. He bites at the glass to get my attention but that’s about it. Another type might be better but I have no experience with them.

Back