Help with fish selection

Limoncello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Can you help with some ideas for fish for my tank? About 9 months ago i started up a reef aquarium (have been a freshwater planted tank guy for years). It is an LPS dominated tank as I thought that would be a good way to start. So far so good :)

Current fish are a fox face, 2 o. clowns, a flame angel which has been well behaved, and a copper banded butterfly who is eating well. Also there are two cleaner shrimp and various snails and few hermits. The tank is a Reefer 750 (160 gallons). I have my eye on a yellow wrasse for pest control and perhaps a gem tank as a final fish.

What else would you suggest? I am looking for a peaceful tank and want to make sure my shrimp don't become lunch. The tank seems like it needs more but i am unclear on stocking levels.

Thanks!

rastareefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Can you help with some ideas for fish for my tank? About 9 months ago i started up a reef aquarium (have been a freshwater planted tank guy for years). It is an LPS dominated tank as I thought that would be a good way to start. So far so good :)

Current fish are a fox face, 2 o. clowns, a flame angel which has been well behaved, and a copper banded butterfly who is eating well. Also there are two cleaner shrimp and various snails and few hermits. The tank is a Reefer 750 (160 gallons). I have my eye on a yellow wrasse for pest control and perhaps a gem tank as a final fish.

What else would you suggest? I am looking for a peaceful tank and want to make sure my shrimp don't become lunch. The tank seems like it needs more but i am unclear on stocking levels.

Thanks!
I would recommend a possum wrasse if you want something for pest control, they're aswesome!

Indytraveler83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a huge fan of having smaller fish through the system to help show some movement.

Tons of wrasse, especially flasher/fairy wrasse's are a great pop of color.

Dartfish are really underappreciated.

Gobies and blennies are also entertaining reef inhabitants.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back