Help with fish selection

Limoncello

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2020
Messages
19
Reaction score
11
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Can you help with some ideas for fish for my tank? About 9 months ago i started up a reef aquarium (have been a freshwater planted tank guy for years). It is an LPS dominated tank as I thought that would be a good way to start. So far so good :)

Current fish are a fox face, 2 o. clowns, a flame angel which has been well behaved, and a copper banded butterfly who is eating well. Also there are two cleaner shrimp and various snails and few hermits. The tank is a Reefer 750 (160 gallons). I have my eye on a yellow wrasse for pest control and perhaps a gem tank as a final fish.

What else would you suggest? I am looking for a peaceful tank and want to make sure my shrimp don't become lunch. The tank seems like it needs more but i am unclear on stocking levels.

Thanks!
 
Hello,

Can you help with some ideas for fish for my tank? About 9 months ago i started up a reef aquarium (have been a freshwater planted tank guy for years). It is an LPS dominated tank as I thought that would be a good way to start. So far so good :)

Current fish are a fox face, 2 o. clowns, a flame angel which has been well behaved, and a copper banded butterfly who is eating well. Also there are two cleaner shrimp and various snails and few hermits. The tank is a Reefer 750 (160 gallons). I have my eye on a yellow wrasse for pest control and perhaps a gem tank as a final fish.

What else would you suggest? I am looking for a peaceful tank and want to make sure my shrimp don't become lunch. The tank seems like it needs more but i am unclear on stocking levels.

Thanks!
I would recommend a possum wrasse if you want something for pest control, they're aswesome!
 
I'm a huge fan of having smaller fish through the system to help show some movement.

Tons of wrasse, especially flasher/fairy wrasse's are a great pop of color.

Dartfish are really underappreciated.

Gobies and blennies are also entertaining reef inhabitants.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new