Help with fish

Reeferburns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I purchased a diamondback from my local Petco and he had an eye missing. He seemed fine when I got him moving around great. When I put him in the tank he disappeared for a week and then yesterday he appeared and I was like is he dead so I moved something towards him and he swam fast away. So I kept watching him and he was just hanging on the sand bed and one of my peppermint shrimp kept getting on him like cleaning him and he didn’t like it and swim away. Also I looked at him and he had like a enlarged belly it seemed weird but I fed and he wouldn’t eat that same day I noticed him out of the rocks. So I went to sleep and wake up and he’s dead and half eaten on. All other fish out fine. Could it be that a tank mate killed him or could he have had a disease?

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not knowing what all other tank mates he had anything is possible. Crabs eat dead fish. Some fish eat dead fish. Lots of things eat dead fish. The fish could have had anything. Or just been injured. If you feel the need to rescue a fish again might I suggest a quarantine tank until it recovers?

Shelley

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back