Help with ghl p4

Mike1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a ghl p4 and I’m having problems connecting to it via iOS I followed the video but when I get to the page for my WiFi network nothing populates then I’ve tried to enter it manually but when I do, I get a connection error. I’ve rebooted it several times but still the same thing

OP
OP
Mike1970

Mike1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a ghl p4 and I’m having problems connecting to it via iOS I followed the video but when I get to the page for my WiFi network nothing populates then I’ve tried to enter it manually but when I do, I get a connection error. I’ve rebooted it several times but still the same thing
Spectrum is the service, this is the equipment segemcom and spedrum router/modem

Last edited:

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you are on that page can you grab and post a screenshot?

Sometimes when doing your initial connection to the Profilux (or any other off network wifi device) your phone will see that it doesn't have an internet connection and decide not to use it. I'm hoping that is the case here.

OP
OP
Mike1970

Mike1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you are on that page can you grab and post a screenshot?

Sometimes when doing your initial connection to the Profilux (or any other off network wifi device) your phone will see that it doesn't have an internet connection and decide not to use it. I'm hoping that is the case here.
Ok now the green light is on but when I try to connect I get this error
83F5AA0C-4B19-4C43-A932-726795BBCD29.png

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so when you connected via your wife's Android did you connect it to your home wifi and GHL cloud?

If only to your home wifi do this:

You'll want to log into your home router and look for the P4's IP address for connected devices. It'll likely be 192.168.1.something. I'm hoping the attached screenshot is the correct example for your equipment.

This is the new P4 address to try to connect to.

If you enabled GHL cloud follow the instructions here https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/knowledge-base/how-to-add-your-device-to-myghl-cloud/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210515-150528.png
    Screenshot_20210515-150528.png
    229.7 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Mike1970

Mike1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so when you connected via your wife's Android did you connect it to your home wifi and GHL cloud?

If only to your home wifi do this:

You'll want to log into your home router and look for the P4's IP address for connected devices. It'll likely be 192.168.1.something. I'm hoping the attached screenshot is the correct example for your equipment.

This is the new P4 address to try to connect to.

If you enabled GHL cloud follow the instructions here https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/knowledge-base/how-to-add-your-device-to-myghl-cloud/
I figured it out. once I got it connected everything else seemed to fall in place.
thanks thought

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back