Help with Goniopora dying!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reeferey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
feeding it might not be the problem. i never spot feed mine.

I think I mentioned an article on gonis at some point in the thread. You might be interested in it. :)

Some species of it do better than others without, and those with deep sandbeds, no skimmer, things like that seem to have a better survival rate (which was absolutely dismal before people figured out their food needs.)
 
They all die, just some slower then others . 6 months maybe few years but in the end DEAD it will be. I kept one two years once but it died.
 
I have the same type as you and have had it for a little more than a year. What type of lighting do you have? I keep my goniopora about halfway up in my tank, higher than some of my SPS. I was going to give it away but decided to keep it since everyone says how hard they are to keep.
 
Some goniopora are easier than others. Same with avelopora. I do not spot feed mine but they do eat when i group feed all my corals. Turn pumps off for 30 min. And you can see them grab particles from the water. I give them pretty strong flow and med to high light. None are on the sand bed.
upy4e6y5.jpg
yjezu2et.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new