Help with green algae

The_Harris_co

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve been dealing with some green algae and it looks horrible.

Tank 3 months old
Started with live rock and live sand
Salinity 1.026
Ph8.2
Alk 9.5
No3 10
Cal 475
Mag 1450

Running a protein skimmer, I’ve sterlizer, chaeto, and chemi pure. Dosed a little pristine 3 days ago. Doing about 15-20% weekly water changes.

All my coral are doing fine and spread out during the day. None of them are gasping or sitting with mouths wide open.

I’m spot feeding twice a week with a mixture of reef roids, shrimp, fuel, And vita coral

My light run about 10 hours a day with a par of 260 at the top of the center rock and about 140-160 on the outer edges at the bottom.

I have plenty of movement in the water previously was running about 45x water movement. With heads in different directions to spread out the flow and make sure I didn’t have any stagnant spots.

Cuc is 4 pretty huge snails, 2 Halloween crabs, 1 tiger conch, 2 small nasturtium snails, and another random crab.

Phyber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. My tank is about the same age and water chemistry.

I do bi weekly 30% water changes and am seeing a green coat on my upper rock work. I want to think this is just par for the course at our age tanks and that with steady maintenance it will go away.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 29 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 44 22.9%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back