Help with Hanna phosphate ULR checker readings

tactical_XJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone, I was wondering what was the difference in the reading with the ULR hanna checker and the regular LR, what are the safe area readings for them, Ive been testing with the ULR and have gotten within the last 2 test ive run, 0.51 which was 9/20/20 and now i just did another test and it came out 0.52, i was wondering what are the safe areas to keep the phosphates at with these testers, this isnt much a question about the testers its more of a question about the chemistry of the water.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to keep it between 0,03 - 0.1ppm (not really a safety thing as much as an effort to keep algae under control). Depending on what corals you keep, you can run into trouble with higher levels.
The LR checkers are not as accurate as ULR at very low levels, and the ULR checkers cannot measure levels as high as the LR checkers.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
tactical_XJ

tactical_XJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you base this on (OP never stated what model ULR they have)? Could be a HI774 which is ULR and reads in ppm.
i have the same one, phosphate ULR ppm
My buddy has that one that reads phosphorus parts per billion, but i went with the other one, i was just concerned about having to much phosphates, atm im not running any fuge only a skimmer and carbon, i do have alot of bio media and the tank is barebottom.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back