Help with ID please

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,674
Reaction score
33,618
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Gal brought this frag home for me but she can't remember the name. I'm new to SPS so I don't know it either. Tried Google with no luck. It's actually a brighter green than the image shows and the tip is light blue. I just like to record what I have and when purchased for personal records.

20220328_193952.jpg
 
It’s an Accropora. As to species, you’ll have to let it grow a bit first.
 
Acropora Hawkings Echinata +1

but the branch is looking a little bit more width, maybe A. Granulosa
 
Looks like it’s a Hawkins, which is actually a turaki and not an echinata nice piece of left alone in good white light the tips glow almost a neon blue violet color.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new