Help with ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wallda
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Wallda

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Messages
7
Reaction score
7
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the advice on my green bubble algae. I am mechanically removing it from my life rock.

While doing this I have noticed much of my rock has these small gray spots. They are not coralline algae (that is what I thought it was). They are flat and soft. I can scrape them off with a blade.

Trying to figure out if I have another problem.




IMG_1627.jpeg




IMG_1625.jpeg
 
If you have a microscope or at least a magnification glass, try to see if there are small tiny dots in that grey mass. What people identify as Nerite snail eggs are actually egg capsules that contain many smaller eggs.

Are they actually so soft that you can squish them a bit or are they just soft enough that you can scratch them with a blade?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new