Help with kessil a160

roblox84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received a new kessil a160 without controller and was wondering if anyone can help me with the percentages of light intensity using just the turning knob? Is there any specific position of the knob that equals a certain percentage?

jviv1014

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received a new kessil a160 without controller and was wondering if anyone can help me with the percentages of light intensity using just the turning knob? Is there any specific position of the knob that equals a certain percentage?
If you’re having trouble with light intensity, I’d recommend getting a par meter.

OP
OP
R

roblox84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re having trouble with light intensity, I’d recommend getting a par meter.

What par should I aim for at the bottom of the tank for softies? I was thinking maybe around 50 par or would that be too much for softies that would be placed at the top and middle as well?

jviv1014

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What par should I aim for at the bottom of the tank for softies? I was thinking maybe around 50 par or would that be too much for softies that would be placed at the top and middle as well?
D4AD58E7-7E5B-44AF-BF90-A494B5BC0BE9.jpeg

general par chart,i keep some zoanthids at around 150 par and they do perfectly fine. And if you’re worried about too much light at the top of the tank you can always just slowly move the corals up higher into the light. Good luck!

MasterReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without a spectral controller it's going to be pretty tough to pinpoint a specific percentage. But if all you're growing is softies just set it slightly bellow half intensity and put it on a timer. Set the color to what looks good to you. If a couple weeks go by and you see your corals stretching towards the light you can bump up the intensity a tad bit.

OP
OP
R

roblox84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without a spectral controller it's going to be pretty tough to pinpoint a specific percentage. But if all you're growing is softies just set it slightly bellow half intensity and put it on a timer. Set the color to what looks good to you. If a couple weeks go by and you see your corals stretching towards the light you can bump up the intensity a tad bit.

Cool, that's what I'll do then. I have an ai prime on my other tank and i set it once and haven't controlled it in years so I'm going to put off buying a controller for the kessil unless i find i really need one.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back