Help with leaking overflow box

mlivvy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a marine depot overflow box which is pretty much a clone of the eshopps eclipse. The only difference I found was that instead of 3 gaskets like the eshopps it only comes with 2. According to the marine depot instructions, the gasket goes on the outside before the external overflow box. I tried it this way and it wouldn’t stop leaking. So after reading numerous threads here with others having leaking issues with the eshopps, I went out and purchased a another gasket. I did the 2 gaskets inside the tank so overflow-gasket-gasket-glass-overflow. It stopped leaking and I jumped for joy but, 1 hour later its leaking again. I took it apart for the 10th time and realized that the hole I drilled has a larger than usual chip out. Could this possibly be my issue? Should I silicone it?

003A161D-98AC-4C4A-ACB1-B87AC6A42E6C.jpeg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the eshopps overflow it should go inside of overflow flange, gasket, Tank, gasket, outside overflow box :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back