Help with list of components

PeckyBomby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, Im from Czech Republic and I´am going to build my own "smart" system based on Raspberry / Arduino.
I have 240l aquarium - here you can see my presentation (but in Czech language)

Could you recommend me specific components for system with links?
I prefer Aliexpress, Bangood, or ebay... but is not important.

Now I have only Raspberry Pi, model B. But it's not important, I can buy anything else.

I plan to measure:

a) Water temperature
b) outside temperature (inside the roof of aquarium)
c) Ph level
d) water level - only for notifications (for example when something fail and water will leak out)

Remotely control componets like heating, filtration and ventilation inside the roof - based on probe measurement values or manually.

I want to send all the values via API to NODE-RED server and tranform it to graphs and etc. Based on reef-pi system.

My budget is about 200USD - maybe more or less. My preference is a lot of music for little money :p:p:p

Is it possible to put it together for me?

Thank you!

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's asking for a lot of design work, in addition to trying to optimize for cost. You may see better success by breaking it down into smaller goals and work through each one. Present what you think would work, or explain which part is giving you trouble, and you may get better feedback.

OP
OP
P

PeckyBomby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Michael, now I have concept of components, thats true.
But I´m not sure about compatibility and functionality for my purposes.
Order creation arduino-shop.cz - Google Chrome 202.png

Michael Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like it may be suitable for an arduino based system. reef-pi is not compatible with arduino, so you would need to use or write some other software.

Asmolupers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like it may be suitable for an arduino based system. reef-pi is not compatible with arduino, so you would need to use or write some other software.

Pi can get data from arduino through I2C.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back