Help with Lobo

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this lobo for about a year and a half. It has done well and grown larger. Color has always been awesome. over the last couple of weeks 2 of the heads have started losing color and this morning I noticed tentacles out but not on the part of the head that has faded. I really would hate to loose this one because then I would have to listen to my son n law because he has been trying to talk me out of it for months. Water parameters have been stable PH 8.0 alk 8.3 cal 410 salinity 1.025 temp 78 nitrates alway just a trace. I don't think the duncan or fox coral would bother it. The prectinia has some nasty sweepers but the head nearest it is not showing the fading so I doubt it would reach over that head and sting the other 2 but maybe thats possible? Any ideas?

lobo.jpg

NexisG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any new fish added recently or observed anything picking at it. Any lighting changes or anything else changes inside the tank recently?

bday1335

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Pectina sure has some long sweepers... maybe that is the cause? Just a thought

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm I did add a small ruby red blenny but I have not seen it near any coral. Other fish have been in the tank for months a pair of clowns that stay in their nems I yellow tail damsel a bicolor blenny and a red cardinal. Lighting is a hydra 26 and the only changes made to it was to reduce the intensity a bit but that was after I noticed the discoloration on the lobo

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 65 85.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back