Help with my 10gls nano aquarium

RH~reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 19, 2018
Messages
56
Reaction score
18
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know what corals and fish I can have in my 10 gls marine nano, for now I only have a couple of clowns and a shrimp
 
I would like to know what corals and fish I can have in my 10 gls marine nano, for now I only have a couple of clowns and a shrimp

In all honesty I would't home any more "large" fish, i.e. no more clowns, grammas, wrasses, etc. What you might get away with are the really tiny gobies: yellow clown, green banded, peppermint (trimma), yellow or blue line. What's more, the tiny fish really give a sense of scale to a smaller nano tank.
 
Last edited:
In all honesty I would't home any more "large" fish, i.e. no more clowns, grammas, wrasses, etc. What you might get away with are the really tiny gobies: yellow clown, green banded, peppermint (trimma), yellow or blue line. What's more, the tiny fish really give a sense of scale to a smaller nano tank.
Thanks bro
 
I agree with above, if you house to many fish even peaceful fish..you'll have tertorial problems! Not to mention, your bio load would be pretty large if you plan to take up a lot of real estate with corals. Just my .02
 
As to recommended corals, what type of lighting do you have on the tank? If you have a link to a build thread that would do the trick. If not, start one with pictures! :D
 
As to recommended corals, what type of lighting do you have on the tank? If you have a link to a build thread that would do the trick. If not, start one with pictures! :D
Never mind, searched your threads and I see that you are using the Prime 16HD. Great choice for a smaller tank. Did you see the Bulk Reef Supply's video on how to match Ecotech's AB+ settings with this? Both of these are valuable:


And from just last week:

And a diffuser might be valuable for this light as well:


With a single 16HD you definitely have more than enough light for LPSs and Softies, and maybe even some SPSs if they are put higher up in the center of the tank. Having said that, given the smaller size of the tank you may want to steer clear of SPSs until you have a bit more experience and a handle on maintaining solid stability. (A larger tank would help for the more advanced SPSs).

In doing your searching, what corals have you found that you have an affinity for so far?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new