Help with my 10gls nano aquarium

RH~reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know what corals and fish I can have in my 10 gls marine nano, for now I only have a couple of clowns and a shrimp

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know what corals and fish I can have in my 10 gls marine nano, for now I only have a couple of clowns and a shrimp

In all honesty I would't home any more "large" fish, i.e. no more clowns, grammas, wrasses, etc. What you might get away with are the really tiny gobies: yellow clown, green banded, peppermint (trimma), yellow or blue line. What's more, the tiny fish really give a sense of scale to a smaller nano tank.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RH~reef

RH~reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all honesty I would't home any more "large" fish, i.e. no more clowns, grammas, wrasses, etc. What you might get away with are the really tiny gobies: yellow clown, green banded, peppermint (trimma), yellow or blue line. What's more, the tiny fish really give a sense of scale to a smaller nano tank.
Thanks bro

Triple.T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with above, if you house to many fish even peaceful fish..you'll have tertorial problems! Not to mention, your bio load would be pretty large if you plan to take up a lot of real estate with corals. Just my .02

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As to recommended corals, what type of lighting do you have on the tank? If you have a link to a build thread that would do the trick. If not, start one with pictures! :D

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As to recommended corals, what type of lighting do you have on the tank? If you have a link to a build thread that would do the trick. If not, start one with pictures! :D
Never mind, searched your threads and I see that you are using the Prime 16HD. Great choice for a smaller tank. Did you see the Bulk Reef Supply's video on how to match Ecotech's AB+ settings with this? Both of these are valuable:

And from just last week:

And a diffuser might be valuable for this light as well:

With a single 16HD you definitely have more than enough light for LPSs and Softies, and maybe even some SPSs if they are put higher up in the center of the tank. Having said that, given the smaller size of the tank you may want to steer clear of SPSs until you have a bit more experience and a handle on maintaining solid stability. (A larger tank would help for the more advanced SPSs).

In doing your searching, what corals have you found that you have an affinity for so far?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 92 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.9%
Back