Help with my Clowns

nickm1018

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to get back in the hobby so I bought the Marineland portrait 5 gallon tank which I know is very small but I plan to get a 30 gallon started up I just wanted to test the waters and get a tank established. I admit I wish I did a ten gallon but can’t go back :/. Now with the question, both are Ocellaris. One is black and white and the other is orange and white like Nemo...They were good in the tank until after the black one hosted my anemone I put in the tank and now the smaller orange is nipping at the black one. No fins are missing and it’s hard to tell if it’s jealousy, tanks size or just playing around together. Also it’s usually when I come up to the tank.. Any info would be much appreciated!!
8820316fae2d5269e52b63045db91423.heic
23a34720495a24daaabe56ee3d1b0adc.heic
a7bbb1d95064dd67e06fa658b07b2db2.heic

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was a problem you would know it.. I had a barberi clownfish live happily with a pair of clownfish for 5 years then started killing the other clownfishes. Since you have 2 clownfish don't think you should have a problem. However, all fish are different so if one is harrassing the other you may have to remove it.

Jack Eskay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The just the soon to be female clown establishing her dominance. It's a normal thing for clowns to nip at one another for awhile. Mine did the same. Though in few cases it can end up getting bad so just make sure you keep an eye on it! Good luck with the tank,looks great!

OP
OP
nickm1018

nickm1018

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it was a problem you would know it.. I had a barberi clownfish live happily with a pair of clownfish for 5 years then started killing the other clownfishes. Since you have 2 clownfish don't think you should have a problem. However, all fish are different so if one is harrassing the other you may have to remove it.

Will do thank you for ur help!!

OP
OP
nickm1018

nickm1018

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The just the soon to be female clown establishing her dominance. It's a normal thing for clowns to nip at one another for awhile. Mine did the same. Though in few cases it can end up getting bad so just make sure you keep an eye on it! Good luck with the tank,looks great!

Thanks man I just got it up and going about a month now... Again thanks for the help it’s much appreciated!!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back