Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need your guys help with a concern on mine here reguarding my sump
Just so you understand
Blue=drain
Green- protein skimmer
Light blue- return pump
Yellow -refugium
Last compartment where I didn’t mark is where my ro water is for ato, it does not connect to the sump

Now my refugium there isn’t that big and water doesn’t directly flow through there only a hose that’s connected to my return pipe goes to there,
Now what I wanted to do is put my protein skimmer where my fudge is now and put my fuge where my skimmer is because it’s so much bigger,
Would that be a good idea or nah? Positive and negatives?
Will the skimmer not be used to full potential placed on that compartment
My sump is a bit weird I know but it’s what I have lol

IMG_1769.jpeg
IMG_1962.jpeg

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want the skimmer before the refugium. Refugium holds the pods and other beneficial critters that would be skimmed out if the skimmer was after the refuge.

OP
OP
L

lucasxsantos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want the skimmer before the refugium. Refugium holds the pods and other beneficial critters that would be skimmed out if the skimmer was after the refuge.
I forgot to mention there’s no flow from yellow to light blue, only from green to light blue so there’s no direct flow there, very weird setup

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention there’s no flow from yellow to light blue, only from green to light blue so there’s no direct flow there, very weird setup
Looks like you have to feed the refugium with a pump, or a tee off your drain for it to flow. I'm guessing the reasoning is so the flow through it can be controlled.

OP
OP
L

lucasxsantos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you have to feed the refugium with a pump, or a tee off your drain for it to flow. I'm guessing the reasoning is so the flow through it can be controlled.
The refugium area is really small, I was thinking of putting my skimmer on that chamber and feed it with my return hose and make my refugium where my skimmer is now, what do you think? You think a bigger refugium would be better? Then feed my skimmer back there with some flow

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back