Help with my waterbox 40.1 build

Snuggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
help me choose my stuff. I am ordering a new nano sized tank. 18x18 24 gallon display with a 16 gallon sump. Mainly to house my euphyllia garden that has outgrown my reefer 170. I would keep the 170 for my sps tank, and move my frosgspwns, torches tc to this small tank. I do not plan on fish , just some inverts, maybe an anenome down the line. I
Lighting...prime or orbit marine...any suggestions for a 200 dollarish light
Skimmer..thinking of a Tunze 9004
Already own a eheimcompact 2000
20 lbs of live rock and marinepure plates have been in my qt tank for over a year. Feed the microfauna on this setup regularly.
Any thoughts.

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On that size tank the AI Prime HD would have better performance and also look better in my opinion.

Tunze 9004 is a great skimmer, the aquamaxx internal skimmers are also pretty good albeit a little more pricey.

Pre-cycled media will cut down the cycle time on this tank and possibly prevent some serious algae blooms initially, but I would still take it slow and test your water often until things stabilize in the tank, then add critters and some coral.

Chef Tommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree with the AI Prime. I had it over a nano for 1.5 years & my soft corals did wonderful. It's now on my qt tank setup as I have the 75 up. It's a great light with controllability over wifi on an app.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back