Help with my waterbox 40.1 build

Snuggs

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2016
Messages
733
Reaction score
1,768
Location
Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
help me choose my stuff. I am ordering a new nano sized tank. 18x18 24 gallon display with a 16 gallon sump. Mainly to house my euphyllia garden that has outgrown my reefer 170. I would keep the 170 for my sps tank, and move my frosgspwns, torches tc to this small tank. I do not plan on fish , just some inverts, maybe an anenome down the line. I
Lighting...prime or orbit marine...any suggestions for a 200 dollarish light
Skimmer..thinking of a Tunze 9004
Already own a eheimcompact 2000
20 lbs of live rock and marinepure plates have been in my qt tank for over a year. Feed the microfauna on this setup regularly.
Any thoughts.
 
On that size tank the AI Prime HD would have better performance and also look better in my opinion.

Tunze 9004 is a great skimmer, the aquamaxx internal skimmers are also pretty good albeit a little more pricey.

Pre-cycled media will cut down the cycle time on this tank and possibly prevent some serious algae blooms initially, but I would still take it slow and test your water often until things stabilize in the tank, then add critters and some coral.
 
I totally agree with the AI Prime. I had it over a nano for 1.5 years & my soft corals did wonderful. It's now on my qt tank setup as I have the 75 up. It's a great light with controllability over wifi on an app.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new