Help with Neptune ATO (ATK)

If_Only

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had a Neptune ATK (there ATO) for about a year-year and a half. I got this one because I figured with all the alarms and Neptune widely regarded good reputation it was fool proof. But no im fooled. The blue light shows, signaling that the tanks water level is proper, and nothing needs to be done, which is false, I have been manually topping off for 4 days. I tried. cleaning the censors, unplugging and re-pluging every plug and checked the plug connections, nothing.

Long story short, It thinks the water level is fine but it really needs water. Short story short, it isn't working.

Important --> I have this on Stand alone mode, not hooked up to an APEX system (yet).

How do I fix this?

Any help and experiences appreciated.

Cmooreinor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check to see if water seeped into the optical sensor... they redesigned them to keep the water out better. Both on mine have failed. They replaced.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Make sure the orange tube isn’t pushed all the way down into pump. Will prevent any flow

OP
OP
If_Only

If_Only

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check to see if water seeped into the optical sensor... they redesigned them to keep the water out better. Both on mine have failed. They replaced.
I checked, and I don't believe that happened? I could easily see any water or anything, and would the float valve not check anything? This is an early 2019 Model if that means anything.

Make sure the orange tube isn’t pushed all the way down into pump. Will prevent any flow
I looked, it wasn't. Besides, If this was the issue wouldn't the system realize that it need water, but the pump isn't working, so it would beep?

Thanks for the responses.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back