Help with new KH director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Vinny,

The KH director I ordered from you arrived and I'm in the process of setting it all up, but I have hit a wall. I should say this is my second KH director - the first one was set up with no problems following your youtube videos and is working well.

I update the firmware on the new profilux 4. I have measured all the tubing, calibrated the pumps, assigned the calibrated pumps to the sample, reagent and waste functions, and calibrated the pH probe. However, I am stalling at the flush measurement cell stage. This button just doesn't do anything when selected - neither in GCC nor in myghl. The vent and empty measurement buttons don't do anything either. The director is connecting to the profilux though as the pH probe calibrated without issue. Any ideas what the issue could be?

Thanks,
Rob

@Vinny@GHLUSA

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume this is a a second KH Director on a different P4, as you can only have one KH Director per P4?

Have you confirmed the pump for the KH? What pump numbers are you using for the KH?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As @Ditto mentioned, the P4 will operate one KHD device.
If you are trying to run a 2nd KHD device on a P4, that is why it is not reacting to your commands.

OP
OP
R

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. Vinnie, I am not running two directors from one Profilux, as my text says, I am running teh new one from a new Profilux, also just purchased from you. All the firmware is current, too. Any ideas?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is this KHD connected along the PAB-chain?
I see you picked up the KHD SA set, is this SA doser also connected to the P4 and is the KHD connected off of this SA doser?

OP
OP
R

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is this KHD connected along the PAB-chain?
I see you picked up the KHD SA set, is this SA doser also connected to the P4 and is the KHD connected off of this SA doser?

I set the SA doser to slave mode in GCC prior to connecting to the P4. The order connected is P4-->KHD-->SA Doser --> slave doser --> slave doser.

All three dosers respond to commands and each pump head calibrated fine.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay.
Please open a support ticket so we can take a closer look.
The link is in my signature.

OP
OP
R

RobMcC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Will do. I figured a work around for the time being. If I assign the KHD dosing pumps to 5 and above it works. I can just assign pumps 1 through 4 to other timed dosing pumps (and they respond fine).

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 90 41.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 108 50.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.2%
Back