Help with new test kits!

  • Thread starter Thread starter blkhawk10
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

blkhawk10

Big U G baby!
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
85
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got myself a bunch of goodies yesterday, a couple being some new test kits. I tested my water today with the hanna checker for alk and a salifert for calcium both coming up extremely high. I tested the hanna 3 sperate times with all the same reading and the calcium 2 times with all the same reading. I was wondering if I should go with these kits readings as compared to my old API kits and start lowering the alk and calc?
 
I would go with the Salifert and Hanna checker over API any day. I have had the API alk start reading low on me before. I'm. Not sure if it became contaminated or just too old. But it was reading almost 2 dkh too low.

The alk Hanna checker has stayed consistent for me and very accurate I know this because I use ESV salt and mix my components separately by weight so every batch is exactly the same and I know for certain what the salt mix contains. Every time I use the. Hanna checker to measure it even with new bottle of reagent it comes in spot on.
 
the alk was at almost 11 which is liveable I know, but I would like it in the 8-9 range wich the API was reading. The calcium was literally off the charts lol, the solution never turned blue. I've been adding 2 part everyday...5ml of alk and 7.5ml of calc. I'm going to be cutting the alk down to 3ml and the calc down to 4ml and see what happens.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new