OP
arking_mark

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, to both points! I had ORA green and purple Montipora digitata that I used to as trial specimens as well as ORA green pocillapora and ORA green stylophora. I did have some encrusting montipora (Jedi mindtrick and Superman) that faded steadily. I also had a peach digitata that faded and died but that might have been a lighting issue. I still had to figure out lighting, flow, and chemistry. I lost a lot of acros (and clams). But if you have a few frags that are surviving and not fading I really think just a little more time. I thought for sure I wouldn’t have to wait a year and kept tweaking and moving frags and buying exact same replacements and kept losing them! I checked every night for PE and didn’t see any in the acros for the first year. Like you I’d see PE for the first days or weeks then nothing. Like you all my parameters checked out. But now after 1&1/2 years my PE is great, some even with lights on. And I haven’t lost any frags in 6 months. I am to the point where I feel like I can’t kill anything! But it was a long slog!

Excellent insight from your experience. Thanks.

OP
OP
arking_mark

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So...it appears that the lack of PE may be due to the Orange Spotted Filefish. I'll know more in a couple of weeks.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back