Help with optimizing skimmer

hashbrown1408

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2023
Messages
67
Reaction score
27
Location
miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I need some help DIYing my protein skimmer.
I have a 90g display with a 40g sump. The issue is the water level is too high in my sump and the stand I have does not allow me to elevate my skimmer higher out of the water. This means when I turn the skimmer on it just overflows.

Are there any modifications I can make myself to the skimmer to navigate this?
 
If it’s new it might take 3 weeks to settle and build up a biofilm.

Upside down Tupperware container is normally enough to raise it up and a cheap solution.
 
This rank has been running for month but only now I have the urgent skimmer need.
Unfortunately the stand for the tank does not have the clearance to allow me to elevate the skimmer.
If it’s new it might take 3 weeks to settle and build up a biofilm.

Upside down Tupperware container is normally enough to raise it up and a cheap solution.
 
Why is the water level in your sump so high. If you can match the water level in your sump to your equipment in the sump
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new