Help with pale RR Jawdropper

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this tiny frag of rr Jawdropper and it's a slow grower for me. It's really pale. The tip and base dose have some color but the mid part is really pale. It's sitting 350 par under three Straton led. I was running zeovit before but when I had higher nutrients this piece still not looking great. I swapped out to a new tank two months ago and after that it start to encrusting and I saw some green color coming back on it the green color slowly faded again. This is the only piece that dose not doing so well in my tank. Parameter is stable . Here is few pictures with a flash ligh

This is the side facing light (you can see the skin is really thin and white in the mid part but the tip and bottom dose have some color in it. If the light level is too high isnt the tip should be white as well?)
front.jpg

This the shaded side the base is pastel green with some pink in it but the color also kind pale
back.jpg

Stopped zeovit 3 weeks ago
Temp 77.8
Alk 7
Cal 420
Mag 1250
No3 was 2 now I bumped it to 5
Po4 was 0 now 0.02

What might be the problem here? Thanks

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following, my jawdropper is not growing much too! I wonder do they prefer lower light? Mines up at 400 par. Although it definitely lost some color since I got it

but even then I have tad better color than yours. My nitrate is 7 and phos is 0.03-0.05

here’s a night pic 01273A29-A505-413D-8ECC-D5EEF241500A.jpeg

OP
OP
dbq5anlxj

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following, my jawdropper is not growing much too! I wonder do they prefer lower light? Mines up at 400 par. Although it definitely lost some color since I got it

but even then I have tad better color than yours. My nitrate is 7 and phos is 0.03-0.05

here’s a night pic 01273A29-A505-413D-8ECC-D5EEF241500A.jpeg
at least your dose have color haha. thanks for this picture thats exactly what I want to see. The skin should be brown with out light mine is pale white

IL Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drop it down in the middle of the tank. Mine did the same thing so i moved it down more and the color is back. Usually if it get pale its getting fried

OP
OP
dbq5anlxj

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drop it down in the middle of the tank. Mine did the same thing so i moved it down more and the color is back. Usually if it get pale its getting fried
thats exactly what I did and it's back to normal now. thanks and I partically blame tropic marine turkey salt lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back