Help with Pan world 1700 GPH Return with high flow

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I recently repurposed a pan world to run as one return. Every time I turn it off and it turns back on, water shoots out son fast to a point it floods over the front of the tank. The pump is running at around 1000 gph so flow is high and I want to keep it this way. Are there any options I can use to stop or restrict flow other than going to a DC pump?

I already have three ball valves on the return line, just when I'm not around, say during feeding, and I want to shut down the pump, I need another solution. I was told a check valve would achieve this, is that true?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A check valve may help as it will prevent the line from filling with air but I have never used one as it introduces another point of failure.
Is the output adjustable so you can change the angle? I have a similar issue with a reeflo pump only it splashes on my lights. I ended up plugging it into a smart outlet I had laying around. I use the app to turn it off when feeding etc then I just hold a peice of 1/4" plywood over the top when I turn the pump back on. My sump is in the basement so it saves me some trips up and down the stairs. The plywood I already have cut to cover the tank when I'm working on lights etc but a peice of glass or pexi would work I think.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back