Help with plumbing multiple tanks stacked

lacrosseboss18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to setup a breeding rack for clownfish. I was wondering what’s the best way to plumb the tanks. It’s going to be 2 acrylic tanks that will be equally divided with acrylic dividers. The dividers will be drilled to allow water flow between the chambers. I’d like to have 1 return and 1 drain per tank that then goes into a sump. Is it possible to T the return and drain off one another? What’s the best plumbing setup?
Thanks

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to setup a breeding rack for clownfish. I was wondering what’s the best way to plumb the tanks. It’s going to be 2 acrylic tanks that will be equally divided with acrylic dividers. The dividers will be drilled to allow water flow between the chambers. I’d like to have 1 return and 1 drain per tank that then goes into a sump. Is it possible to T the return and drain off one another? What’s the best plumbing setup?
Thanks
Yes you can plumb it that way and it’ll work fine! Or put the return on one end of tank 1 and the drain on the end of tank 2 for full circulation.. I built and plumbed this entire thing from scratch.. basically 36 tanks with a single sump.
20575A6C-79F5-42EC-A7AD-0754405E02CD.png

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back