Help with Plumbing Return on Shallow Frag Tank

LiquidSpace

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2022
Messages
596
Reaction score
583
Location
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never really considered how the low height on a frag tank (6 in) could cause an issue. This isn’t going to work, right?
IMG_5761.jpeg


I’m guessing there are two options:
1. A different material of tubing?
2. An L shaped fitting for the return pump. I have some but none fit my sicce. Does anyone who where I can find some that would fit the pump?
 
Can you lay the pump on its side?

It is kind of hard to see the space you are working in, but this is an interesting situation that I have also never dealt with directly.
 
Can you lay the pump on its side?

It is kind of hard to see the space you are working in, but this is an interesting situation that I have also never dealt with directly.

I think it would probably make an unholy amount of noise. I think I solved the issue. I’m just going to use a 90 degree barb.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new