Help with proper flow equipment

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jamborick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Thanks Chris I was hoping to find someone using them. Do you think they will be ok for the 425?
 
I run mine gyers on the side at gradual pulse to 100% anti sing and the 2 Octo on the back at random to 50% . My tank is the Redsea Reefer 250 with about 40 SPS with a few LPS and Zoes at the bottom .
I think they would be fine. The Gyers alone on my tank would be fine but I have over kill when it comes to flow. so yes you should be fine. For a few bucks more you could go with the 350 gyers and then add the Octos later. if you feel you don't have enough flow.
 
1568387276234.png
 
Thanks for all of the specific info on pattern and flow, that gives me a good starting point and I can adjust from there.
 
I really do like them and I have now removed them to take over to a new Seahorse build I am in the process of setting up. I still run the Fx330 on each side of my 250 reefer. I do think that the octo 2 would would be enough for this size a tank. With both the Fx 330 and the Octos on my 250 was way over kill. I may look at putting them back on when I pick up a hydros . That way I can make all 4 pumps work together.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new