Help with pump ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maho.B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Maho.B

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2024
Messages
398
Reaction score
214
Location
Minnetonka, MN.
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, wondering if anyone knows what type of pump this is? Two of them came with my Red Sea Max s400 and they are the circulation pumps in the back chamber. I bought the system used so don't have any manuals and it seems red Sea has changed pumps over the years. I pulled it out to clean it but I'm unsure how to disassemble it. I want to do a full clean and make sure nothing's corroding inside. The only thing on the exterior is a logo of a whale. Anyone know this model let me know so I can download a manual as to how to disassemble it. Thanks!

17269550458902122877354995823326.jpg 17269550834728310428240883996759.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 17269624092567052838076271016997.jpg
    17269624092567052838076271016997.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 52
Hello, wondering if anyone knows what type of pump this is? Two of them came with my Red Sea Max s400 and they are the circulation pumps in the back chamber. I bought the system used so don't have any manuals and it seems red Sea has changed pumps over the years. I pulled it out to clean it but I'm unsure how to disassemble it. I want to do a full clean and make sure nothing's corroding inside. The only thing on the exterior is a logo of a whale. Anyone know this model let me know so I can download a manual as to how to disassemble it. Thanks!

17269550458902122877354995823326.jpg 17269550834728310428240883996759.jpg
This is a SICCE Syncra skimmer pump
 
yup sicce syncra pump just gotta figure out the size. Does it have gph written on it
 
yup sicce syncra pump just gotta figure out the size. Does it have gph written on it
Being an Italian pump, it may not but most Sicce is adjustable flow and you can also look up sicce pumps and look at images and see if you see a twin to your pump
 
Awesome! Thanks everyone. It doesn't have anything written on it but can find it's twin and get the manual from there. Thanks
 
I found my model online and saw how to remove the front plate and impeller. It doesn't say if there's any metal parts inside the body and I am always reading to make sure and disassemble all pumps about once a year to make sure nothing's corroding and poisoning the tank. I soaked it in citric acid and will clean it up and put it back in the tank I guess. Thanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new