• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Help with setting up a coral QT

Kingston

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am trying to QT anything that enter my DT, so I am setting up a QT for corals. I am using a 20g long tank. I need help choosing a device for flow since I may have a mix of corals at a given time. Was contemplating one of the Jebao cross flow gyre pumps off amazon. Any advice from reefers with coral QTs will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
You don't need to worry about flow so much in quarantine. Something like the Hygger Mini Wave Maker for $69 is just fine. You could even get away with much less, just a standard return pump that turns over your tank volume by 10X an hour. Flow issues are really a long-term problem with coral, not something that manifests in a 2-week quarantine.

OP
K

Kingston

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You don't need to worry about flow so much in quarantine. Something like the Hygger Mini Wave Maker for $69 is just fine. You could even get away with much less, just a standard return pump that turns over your tank volume by 10X an hour. Flow issues are really a long-term problem with coral, not something that manifests in a 2-week quarantine.
Thank you

How often do you have some type of algae issue?

• Constantly Something

Votes: 223 42.2%
  • Every Month

Votes: 30 5.7%
  • Every Few Months

Votes: 62 11.7%
  • A Few Times A Year

Votes: 74 14.0%
  • Once A Year Or So

Votes: 57 10.8%
  • Every Few years

Votes: 28 5.3%