Help with setting up a coral QT

Kingston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to QT anything that enter my DT, so I am setting up a QT for corals. I am using a 20g long tank. I need help choosing a device for flow since I may have a mix of corals at a given time. Was contemplating one of the Jebao cross flow gyre pumps off amazon. Any advice from reefers with coral QTs will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need to worry about flow so much in quarantine. Something like the Hygger Mini Wave Maker for $69 is just fine. You could even get away with much less, just a standard return pump that turns over your tank volume by 10X an hour. Flow issues are really a long-term problem with coral, not something that manifests in a 2-week quarantine.

OP
OP
Kingston

Kingston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need to worry about flow so much in quarantine. Something like the Hygger Mini Wave Maker for $69 is just fine. You could even get away with much less, just a standard return pump that turns over your tank volume by 10X an hour. Flow issues are really a long-term problem with coral, not something that manifests in a 2-week quarantine.
Thank you

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 57 79.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back