Help with tank

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 36g bowfront heavily stocked with corals tank has been up and running for 11 months I recently added a diy mini protein skimmer made with a coralife wooden airstone. It seems to work good but the question is would me adding a skimmer make some of my corals mad. Since I added it my bubble tip nem has been ticked just now starting to come halfway normal.
Other question is I got my tank tested for all tested at my lfs for the first time ever and he did it twice because my reading was super super low he said my corals have just been using more than what I can replenish it’s time for dosing reading was 4.4 and he recomended dosing 5ml daily and get it tested again in a half week then go from where what do you guys think. I won’t be able to get a test kit till after holidays

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see these numbers before making a call on what and how much to dose
Alk
Calcium
Magnesium
Nitrate
Phosphate

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The skimmer wouldnt cause them to be angry...but an alk of 4.4 will. But i wouldnt dose unless i tested for it. You need to get some kits.
You can also raise levels with frequent small water changes.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%

Back