Help with Toadstool

CraigMixedReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2017
Messages
65
Reaction score
104
Location
Madison, Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings and Happy Friday.

Please take a look at the photo and let me know what you think is causing this.
Tank is 7 months old
1.026
pH 7.8
Nitrate 25
Calcium 450
dKH 9.0
Magnesium 1500
Phosphate 0.16
No new inhabitants
Mixed reef - all coral friendly fish (to date)
Bubble / Zoa - not as close as the pictures makes it appear
Coral.jpg
 
Is there a coral sitting next to the toad stool. Can you get a wider pic of the tank. What’s your fish stock like.
 
I tried a toadstool as well. He didn’t last long. I pulled him out as he was pretty much gone and didn’t want him to crash the tank.
Just curious how your Mg is so high? Ph is on the lower side which is unique with Alk that high.
 
How long after lights on did you take ph reading?
 
I tried a toadstool as well. He didn’t last long. I pulled him out as he was pretty much gone and didn’t want him to crash the tank.
Just curious how your Mg is so high? Ph is on the lower side which is unique with Alk that high.
Mg has remained at 1500 since tank start-up. I've never dosed it. Using Salifert test kit. I dose Alk and check the pH at different times. I run a fuge opposite lighting schedule.
 
How long after lights on did you take ph reading?
That is a running average - I run a fuge on an opposite lighting schedule. For your other question, I thought the bubble may be stinging it, but the "burns" are on the opposite side from the bubble.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new