Help with trident alk reading aft

clhardy5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help with trident and alk testing !!! Changed all three reagents yesterday….same lot as before. - middle box out of the 6 month supply. Ran a test after changing and all looked well-alk at 8.7- where it’s been averaging for awhile. The trident ran the next test at 6pm, and again, things looked normal. Woke up this morning to an alarm. Alk at midnight -was 13.08. And then at 6am-the trident said the alk was at 14!! I retested the water twice with Hanna, and it read 7.8 both times. I then retested with API (I know…some say it’s junk-but it’s my backups backup!). API read 8-9. At 8 it was yellow, but not bright yellow. With 9 drops it was bright yellow. So, Im calibrating the trident now. What else? What would cause the trident test to swing so dramatically?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the plan. I'm pretty sure it is testing error....just frustrating. I'll recalibrate in another day, and see what happens.
I know this thread a few weeks old but were you able to get your problem resolved. I just changed reagent A on my trident for the first time and I'm now getting high reading on alk and lower reading on cal, and I'm not sure why?

OP
OP
clhardy5

clhardy5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this thread a few weeks old but were you able to get your problem resolved. I just changed reagent A on my trident for the first time and I'm now getting high reading on alk and lower reading on cal, and I'm not sure why?
I did recalibrate - and it still read high for a day.....but I knew that it was wrong - so I let it sit for another day and it resolved on its own. ie.....I did nothing, and the Alk dropped after one day - back to where it was before I changed the reagents.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back