Help with Tuxedo Urchin

Reef_Sea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, today I had to move my tuxedo sea urchin as he was on a rock that he managed to dislodge (a rather large one no idea how he broke the glue), when I removed him I think a few of his suckers stayed stuck to the rock (I was as gentle as I could possibly be) will they be okay? They are moving around grazing happily still I’m just worried I’ve caused serious damage. Thanks all.

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, today I had to move my tuxedo sea urchin as he was on a rock that he managed to dislodge (a rather large one no idea how he broke the glue), when I removed him I think a few of his suckers stayed stuck to the rock (I was as gentle as I could possibly be) will they be okay? They are moving around grazing happily still I’m just worried I’ve caused serious damage. Thanks all.
Yeah, not good to have happen often, but the tube feet (the suckers) will regrow with good water and food.

OP
OP
Reef_Sea

Reef_Sea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, not good to have happen often, but the tube feet (the suckers) will regrow with good water and food.
Thanks heaps I was worried the rock was going to fall on top of them, they seem to be happily eating so fingers crossed they are all good. Thanks heaps

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back