Help with upgrading my tank

BaileysTank

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2021
Messages
168
Reaction score
42
Location
America
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m upgrading from a 55gal to a 90gal and I’m wondering what the best method is to start up my new 90 gal. I know to use all my old media to immediately introduce bacteria but my main question is how long will it take to cycle the tank if I use all my old media? And how long should I wait to add in my corals/ add new fish and other livestock?
 
If you can swap out the tanks using your existing rocks, sand, filter media, etc. Your new tank will immediately support your current livestock and corals.

That being said, depending on how long your other tank has been set up, you could stir up and disrupt bacteria and detritus in your sand. I see a lot of people recommending either new sand, or rinsing your sand really well before putting it in the new tank.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.7%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new