OP
OP
kamuii

kamuii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My firefish would hide in her cave anytime there was extra noise or people in the house, also every night to sleep. Getting to know what is "normal" for your fish now that it has to adjust to life in a tank will take time. Good luck!

thanks! it's a new experience for the both of us lol, i'm seeing what is normal for them and they are getting used to their new home.. kinda funny to me lol

NWatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only had success with drip acclimation. Just dumping the fish in is too stressful on the fish. Even if you float the bag it only acclimates to the temp.of your water. Drip acclimating helps them slowly adjust to all your water parameters.

Sdoutreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had success without drip acclimation. I usually float the bag for temp, and add a half cup of water every 15 minutes for an hour or more, depending on how much water is in the bag.

CalebWBrink2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My purple firefish has a cave in a rock that he stays in all day. He comes out to eat, and then once he is full, he goes back in for the rest of the day until the next feeding. They are very shy and skittish fish.

OP
OP
kamuii

kamuii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My purple firefish has a cave in a rock that he stays in all day. He comes out to eat, and then once he is full, he goes back in for the rest of the day until the next feeding. They are very shy and skittish fish.

aww, mine likes to explore (maybe cause i just got him? lol) but he is very skittish when other people go up to the tank and when i put my syringe in to feed him (i had to shoot the shrimp into the water lol) he got scared

OP
OP
kamuii

kamuii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had success without drip acclimation. I usually float the bag for temp, and add a half cup of water every 15 minutes for an hour or more, depending on how much water is in the bag.

i drip acclimated my snails and my fish, i acclimated the snails for about 5 mins and i acclimated speedy (that's what we decided to name our fish lol) for about 5 mins as well.. which wasn't nearly enough time... but you live and you learn :p

OP
OP
kamuii

kamuii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update: me and my brother named him.. he's really fast.. so we named him speedy lol! the snails are doing good and so is he.
here's some pics of speedy and his pit stop crew (and also an excuse to show my newby aquascape)

IMG_8769.JPG

IMG_8772.JPG

IMG_8773.JPG

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update: me and my brother named him.. he's really fast.. so we named him speedy lol! the snails are doing good and so is he.
here's some pics of speedy and his pit stop crew (and also an excuse to show my newby aquascape)

IMG_8769.JPG

IMG_8772.JPG

IMG_8773.JPG

I named mine flash

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 93 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back