Help!

honda0014

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so I have a 10g saltwater aquarium with a 35g Tidal HOB filter it also has a ricordea in it. I have had a gladiator clownfish and a tailspot blenny in the tank for a little over a year I believe, I added a sea urchin about a three months ago and just added a Cherub anglefish as he is the size of a quarter. However my clownfish keeps chasing the cherub I've only had the cherub for almost a week so I think this is normal but he is doing it 24/7. Is this to much to have in my ten gallon tank? Should I take the Cherub anglefish back? I also do water changes every two weeks. I will be testing water again tom. as I test water once a week.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so I have a 10g saltwater aquarium with a 35g Tidal HOB filter it also has a ricordea in it. I have had a gladiator clownfish and a tailspot blenny in the tank for a little over a year I believe, I added a sea urchin about a three months ago and just added a Cherub anglefish as he is the size of a quarter. However my clownfish keeps chasing the cherub I've only had the cherub for almost a week so I think this is normal but he is doing it 24/7. Is this to much to have in my ten gallon tank? Should I take the Cherub anglefish back? I also do water changes every two weeks. I will be testing water again tom. as I test water once a week.
I would take it back.
That's a lot for 10 gallon tank.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cherub is a terrible fish for a 10 gallon - it gets far too big and active, and eventually aggressive in so small a tank.
It’s unlikely that the clown would relent - it has claimed the entire tank as its own (and is unlikely to stop), so rehoming the angel is the only thing you can do.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will likely see aggression from the clown towards most fish you introduce when it's only 10G.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potentially, but you will increase your chances of success. Still, a 20G is the absolute minimum size for the angel so you would be pushing it.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take that fish back, you need a bigger tank for an angelfish. I would say 30-40 gallons minimum,

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 77.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back