Help

jtal730

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2023
Messages
40
Reaction score
9
Location
nyc
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My strato colony has randomly started shrinking and polyps seem to be dying off parameters have been stable. I did see have some aptasia. But I can’t seem to see any near the colony.
IMG_2199.jpeg
 
Welcome to the world of palys. Honestly just looks like something walked across it. Do they stay closed?
 
lol thanks it’s started off as a few polyps now it seems to be more are affected.
 
It’s seems as if something is looking through the the center of the polyp but and it’s not vermitd snails. help.
 
Any one have other ideas of what this can be it seems to be killing the polyps
 
Mystery Zoa Melt

AKA

We have no idea what causes it. There's a whole thread from a guy trying to research it. Though I have seen entire colonies 'rot' where all their heads fall off and they end up fine. And sometimes they poop out their insides and die.
 
Any one have other ideas of what this can be it seems to be killing the polyps

Well... I don't know that I share your opinion that something is killing it. As has been previously mentioned, it looks like an invert may have walked across it on its way somewhere.

Do you do 20% weekly water changes? Are you faithful to them?

I would do regular weekly water changes for a month and monitor.
 
Well... I don't know that I share your opinion that something is killing it. As has been previously mentioned, it looks like an invert may have walked across it on its way somewhere.

Do you do 20% weekly water changes? Are you faithful to them?

I would do regular weekly water changes for a month and monitor.
Yea weekly water changed had the drag since it was a single head. I think it’s bacterial I see no trace of anything messing with it.
 
Well... I don't know that I share your opinion that something is killing it. As has been previously mentioned, it looks like an invert may have walked across it on its way somewhere.

Do you do 20% weekly water changes? Are you faithful to them?

I would do regular weekly water changes for a month and monitor.
Mystery Zoa Melt

AKA

We have no idea what causes it. There's a whole thread from a guy trying to research it. Though I have seen entire colonies 'rot' where all their heads fall off and they end up fine. And sometimes they poop out their insides and die.
Thanks dude I’m just going to use Chemi clean on the whole system
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new