HELP!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dmac979
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dmac979

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2016
Messages
44
Reaction score
33
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I just looked at my tank all the lights were off and I noticed lots of small white snail like things but can't really tell are these harmful? If so how do I get rid of them?

image.png
 
I think your correct they are tiny snails, I don't think they are snail eggs. Maybe collonista snails? Only a clear close up pic to be sure and they're so small it would probably be hard without a macro lense. You can google collonista snails to see if that's what they are.
 
Agree. To blurry to tell but looks like collonistas. If they are, they are not harmful. Some have said they clog up impellers in pumps. I have not had that issue with them
 
I took a video but it want post that's a screen shot of a video
 
I think your correct they are tiny snails, I don't think they are snail eggs. Maybe collonista snails? Only a clear close up pic to be sure and they're so small it would probably be hard without a macro lense. You can google collonista snails to see if that's what they are.
Yeah I saw them moving so I know their not eggs
 
Definitely looks like collonistas to me. They're reef safe, if you want to reduce their population get a good wrasse like a melanurus that will eat them.
 
yup double check your Id, but youll probably wind up liking them. Free cleanup crew. once the gunk is gone the population slowly dies off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new