OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What's the story on this guy, is he a new addition? Did this just show up overnight?
This showed up out of no were. Had him for at least three months. Problem is not easy to catch him in my tank and afraid it goes to other fish.

aykwm

Research Addict!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with @TheLadyCrash , move him to QT as soon as possible to avoid any infections to other fish.
Do you observe any aggression in the tank, it looks like it might be bacterial infection caused by injuries.
I would suggest removing him to quarantine and treating with metroplex and kanaplex. But definitely wait for an expert to confirm it.

@Humblefish

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No aggression. Fish is behaving normal even with all the stuff on him. It looks like a fungus .

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prazi pro could be a good solution but just pure guess at this point.

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I never seen anything like this looks like crazy glue

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never seen anything like this looks like crazy glue
I was thinking the same, you haven't used any recently have you? I had a pistol shrimp get into superglue after I glued a frag down. Glued up one of his claws, just had to wait for a molt.. but he was fine. A couple of the specks look like flukes, but definitely odd

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was thinking the same, you haven't used any recently have you? I had a pistol shrimp get into superglue after I glued a frag down. Glued up one of his claws, just had to wait for a molt.. but he was fine. A couple of the specks look like flukes, but definitely odd
That's my fear flukes. I introduced a black leopord and I think I saw flukes in his gills nonexistent day. He did not make it and there was not much exposure of him to fish cause he went in the sand. Never had anything like this in 10 yrs and it's impossible to catch him. My fear of loosing him is one cause that's an earlie wrasse not cheap but if it gets on other fish I'm done cause I c an loose a lot. I'm hoping it's not flukes but I don't know anything about deseases

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks so bizarre. I honestly think it might be a couple things, because I also see some blobs that look suspiciously like flukes. The injury<bacterial infection I think is a strong theory. How is the fish acting otherwise? Any flashing, twitching or yawning? Are any other fish showing odd behavior? If you have metroplex or kanaplex on hand then you can bind it to food with seachem focus and feed that once a day. That would be a start at least until we can figure out what's going on or you get him into QT. Have you tried a fish trap? Even just a jar would do in a pinch, put food in there and wait for him to get comfortable enough to go in, then cover it with a net. Takes a little bit of patience.

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the experts will be in within a day hopefully. I'm going into a movie but I'll check in here when I get out.

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That looks so bizarre. I honestly think it might be a couple things, because I also see some blobs that look suspiciously like flukes. The injury<bacterial infection I think is a strong theory. How is the fish acting otherwise? Any flashing, twitching or yawning? Are any other fish showing odd behavior? If you have metroplex or kanaplex on hand then you can bind it to food with seachem focus and feed that once a day. That would be a start at least until we can figure out what's going on or you get him into QT. Have you tried a fish trap? Even just a jar would do in a pinch, put food in there and wait for him to get comfortable enough to go in, then cover it with a net. Takes a little bit of patience.
So far all fish behaving fine but the weird thing is this white stuff looks surface almost flaking, I wish my cleaner shrimp clean him. I think I have the medication you mentioned just don't know if I have focus. But I'll try whatever I have and try to catch him wh n the metal halides are off and feed the tank hopefully. I don't have quarantine and of course it's reefpooloza this weekend so my lfs is there other wise I'll take there and he quarantine it for me. Ughhhhh

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like flukes to me. The roughed up areas could be from flashing against the rocks. Have you see it scraping against the rocks?

If it's flukes, you'll need to QT all your fish ASAP. Fresh water dip all fish.

@melypr1985

She'll know how long you need to go fallow to let them die off.

Good luck

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far all fish behaving fine but the weird thing is this white stuff looks surface almost flaking, I wish my cleaner shrimp clean him. I think I have the medication you mentioned just don't know if I have focus. But I'll try whatever I have and try to catch him wh n the metal halides are off and feed the tank hopefully. I don't have quarantine and of course it's reefpooloza this weekend so my lfs is there other wise I'll take there and he quarantine it for me. Ughhhhh
Probably you have stuff laying around, spare powerhead, bucket, may need to just grab a heater.. through some floss or filter media from display in and there you go, quarantine tank.
If you can catch and do a freshwater dip, that will help determine if it's flukes. That would be treatable in the display, prazipro is able to be dosed in the tank. Need to read up though, there are some precautions like it can kill off worm populations so have plenty of saltwater to do water changes if you detect any ammonia..

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like flukes to me. The roughed up areas could be from flashing against the rocks. Have you see it scraping against the rocks?

If it's flukes, you'll need to QT all your fish ASAP. Fresh water dip all fish.

@melypr1985

She'll know how long you need to go fallow to let them die off.

Good luck
No the fish is behaving like nothing is on it. Quarantining all fish is impossible so if it's flukes I should get ready to loose everything

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the fish is behaving like nothing is on it. Quarantining all fish is impossible so if it's flukes I should get ready to loose everything
Flukes can be treated in the display, if that's what it is..

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back