HELP

Daniel korchick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why can’t I get my redsea reefer 250 G2 water level right.
I have an ATO in the return pump section. Overflow keeps getting too full. Almost like my pump is beating the overflow water down to the sump.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why can’t I get my redsea reefer 250 G2 water level right.
I have an ATO in the return pump section. Overflow keeps getting too full. Almost like my pump is beating the overflow water down to the sump.

Can you dial back the return pump?

Assuming that evaporation is not the issue of course.

Can you provide a photo of your setup?

Just based on your post, I believe that you are correct that your return pump is outcompeting the drains.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you dial back the return pump?

Assuming that evaporation is not the issue of course.

Can you provide a photo of your setup?

Just based on your post, I believe that you are correct that your return pump is outcompeting the drains.
Either that or the overflow valve in the cabinet needs to be slowly adjusted until correct. +2 for pics

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming he has one.

It is far easier to adjust the flow from the return pumps to match the drains than to match the drains to the pump.
I was under the impress that all G2s should have the new diaphragm valve. This should allow very fine tuning of the return water rate (at least compared to previous reefer models). I've never thought to try it the other way but I will have to try sometime and see if it is indeed easier to get silent operation with the reverse method

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was under the impress that all G2s should have the new diaphragm valve. This should allow very fine tuning of the return water rate (at least compared to previous reefer models). I've never thought to try it the other way but I will have to try sometime and see if it is indeed easier to get silent operation with the reverse method

I have never owned one so I can't say for sure. My system is pretty basic and I went with basic plumbing for it. I do not have a gate valve on my drains or returns. I simply dialed the flow gate on the pumps to a level where the system maintains equilibrium.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back