Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Giget6542
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Giget6542

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
5
Reaction score
22
Location
Elkhart
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are these clownfish eggs? Thought I had 2 males. What do I need to do? Have many years of saltwater aquarium life. Never have seen eggs before.
 
If you get two males one will eventually turn to female. Usually the bigger of the two end up being the female. I can’t get the video to load and play so I’m not super helpful on what it is I’m looking at lol
 
Upvote 0
If you get two males one will eventually turn to female. Usually the bigger of the two end up being the female. I can’t get the video to load and play so I’m not super helpful on what it is I’m looking at lol
It’s blurry picture but this is what I am seeing. There are not as many ‘eggs’ today but the clowns will not leave the area. And noted to actually tank turns when fed. I hope if they are eggs and about to hatch I can save some. Have set up a tank for the fry using water from reef tank.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4485.jpeg
    IMG_4485.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 45
Upvote 0
Yes, those are eggs. In my own experience the amount of eggs per round will vary, but over time seems to trend upwards. The batches I see this year are at least 2x what I would have seen last year.
The male will also eat the eggs he determines are not viable - other tank inhabitants likely will try an get a snack as well - part of the reason they get so defensive/territorial when the eggs are there so it is normal for some eggs to disappear.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new