Heniochus butterfly and humu trigger

Colten

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever had these 2 together in a tank? I know the trigger is aggressive and Heniochus is peaceful. I got a 225 gallon tank. You think if I added the Heniochus first and then bought a small humu trigger and added it last, the aggression wouldn't be as bad when he reaches adult hood?

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trigger might nip at the heniochus's fins because they are so long so be careful there. Might want a more peaceful trigger like the red tail sargassum or blue throat.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever had these 2 together in a tank? I know the trigger is aggressive and Heniochus is peaceful. I got a 225 gallon tank. You think if I added the Heniochus first and then bought a small humu trigger and added it last, the aggression wouldn't be as bad when he reaches adult hood?
It may or may not work out. Humas can vary greatly in personality, some very aggressive, some quite peaceful. Your chances would increase greatly if the heniochus was added first and the trigger was added while very small.

nate w

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i would think they would be fine but if the trigger finds the butterfly it might attack and kill it or chase it around the tank triggers need to be put with agressive fish not peacefull unless there is w way for them to stand up for them selfes

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back