Heniochus diphreutes available!

  • Thread starter Thread starter saltyhog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2014
Messages
9,413
Reaction score
15,938
Location
Conway, Arkansas
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A heads up for anyone that wants a genuinely reef safe butterfly fish. Blue Zoo has H. diphreutes in stock. I have been looking for these for years....unfortunately my tank is pretty well stocked and I don't want to get rid of any of the fish I have.
 
gadzooks! these are the heniochus i’ve been wanting. a school of five (seven?) in a 180G set-up sure would look nice. and my clams would be safe. :cool:

i wish H. chrysostomus were equally reefsafe.
 
IME most places get them... they are just terrible at identifying them correctly LOL. PSA here is a great comparison pic. Diphreutes on the right.

118501929_3358391097552753_6622750975609872668_o.jpg
 
Last edited:
Haha! People troll fish?
 
IME most places get them... they are just terrible at identifying them correctly LOL. PSA here is a great comparison pic. Diphreutes on the right.

118501929_3358391097552753_6622750975609872668_o.jpg

Supposedly these were collected in Hawaii and H. Accuminatus isn't found there are they?
 
hmm i just find some posts by matt wandell and a story on reefs.com by him saying hawaiian = diphreutes

i feel like fishbase does get the map a bit wrong sometimes, although off the top of my head i can't think of an example
I think most of the maps come with a disclaimer that they are computer generated and have not been verified.
C3BD3711-B9F8-423D-A872-EC26C0866E1F.png
 
hmm i just find some posts by matt wandell and a story on reefs.com by him saying hawaiian = diphreutes

i feel like fishbase does get the map a bit wrong sometimes, although off the top of my head i can't think of an example


That's what I always heard as well and the reason for my first comment. Then I decided to verify it on Fishbase. I will say this, when we dove in Hawaii we saw large schools of H. diphreutes but I did not personally see any H. accuminatus.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new