Hermit crab & firefish goby

satish4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Did anyone face this issue (Hermit crab eating firefish goby tail and fin)

HereFishyFishy3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your hermit is picking on your firefish, it could mean that the firefish is too sick to move. It could also mean that your hermits are not finding enough food and resorting to eating on fish. Do you have any pictures?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A healthy firefish should not be attacked by a hermit crab, or at least a crab should not be able to catch a firefish.
Could be other fish attacking it, unless you’ve seen the hermit biting it.

OP
OP
S

satish4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your hermit is picking on your firefish, it could mean that the firefish is too sick to move. It could also mean that your hermits are not finding enough food and resorting to eating on fish. Do you have any pictures?
Unfortunately I dont have pic since it died yesterday I have two clowns and two firefish in my tank and i used to see the purple firefish and two clowns always attacking the red firefish. Also the hermit crab and red firefish choose same spot under the rock for hiding. Not sure which one initially cut red firefish tail but yester i saw the hemit crab biting it when it is resting on sand.

OP
OP
S

satish4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A healthy firefish should not be attacked by a hermit crab, or at least a crab should not be able to catch a firefish.
Could be other fish attacking it, unless you’ve seen the hermit biting it.
when it is healthy i see purplefirefish and two clowns regularly attacking it. Also after the lights are turned off red firefish and hermitcrab used to rest in same place under the rocks. After its tail was cut it used to swim for a day later i see it is sick sitting on sand bed and hermit crab biting its tail.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 49 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back