Hermit crab ID

cocosreeftank

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2024
Messages
27
Reaction score
44
Location
ireland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked up some extra shells from the Lfs for my red legged hermit to give him some options to live in and when I threw this one in to my surprise some legs popped out… anyone know what type he his?? Black legs with yellow spots and yellow claws??? Got such a fright when I seen him come out of the shell I mean the guy at the shop just handed the shells to me…
 
So I picked up some extra shells from the Lfs for my red legged hermit to give him some options to live in and when I threw this one in to my surprise some legs popped out… anyone know what type he his?? Black legs with yellow spots and yellow claws??? Got such a fright when I seen him come out of the shell I mean the guy at the shop just handed the shells to me…

Sounds like a yellow tip hermit, but need pictures to verify.

Sounds like a yellow tip hermit, but need pictures to verify.

IMG_2742.png
IMG_2742.png
IMG_2742.png
IMG_2741.png
IMG_2741.png
 
Last edited:
Are yellow tips aggressive? I havnt heard much about them I have a red legged hermit in there they’ve passed by eachother without much notice
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new